Where it all started....

Well, it started many years ago at a company called RPS. The company name changed and so did mine in 2001. From there, the road led us to the ATL and our own business. I left the road to have babies, but it sure is hard to take the trucker out of a Momma!



Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Some words of advice for job seekers....

It is a tough market out there! If you are looking for a job and are going to apply or send resumes through ads placed on a site such as craigslist, do yourself a favor and read the following:

-Make sure your name on your email account or even the email address itself has a little class!!  I automatically hit the trash button when I read things like:

Looneyhustla
G
captainjacker
Kaveman Love
ILL SON
The Vic Man

-Sending one piss poor email is enough, but to send that thing 5 times is just going to make me need more wine!

-If you stay someplace, I could care less!!  If you live somewhere, I see a little more stability in your life.

-Grammar is a pet peeve of mine and a lot of other employers.  Proof read your shit before you send it!  No,  you are not coming to work for a publishing house as an editor, but at least act like you care!!!

-If you include a phone number, make sure it is correct, that maybe your voicemail is actually activated, and that your mailbox is not full.  I won't call back!

-If it is obvious you are replying for EVERY ad placed, I hit delete!  Read the ad before you reply!

-If the ad says, "Available to start immediately." and you are called and cannot interview until next month and cannot start until the end of the semester, you have just wasted my time and I HATE having my time wasted!

-If your resume includes a category of Braggin Rights.....DELETE that section, because I just deleted your reply!

-If a job lists an area of a metropolitan city and you live no where within a 40 mile radius, why apply?  Are you really going to make it to work on time daily?

OK....I am going to go back to reviewing my emails and hitting the trash button!



No comments:

Post a Comment