Where it all started....

Well, it started many years ago at a company called RPS. The company name changed and so did mine in 2001. From there, the road led us to the ATL and our own business. I left the road to have babies, but it sure is hard to take the trucker out of a Momma!



Thursday, October 6, 2011

Economics 101

So, almost 9 years ago, I sold a house in PA for about $92k. We moved here with my job and bought what was my second house and my husband's first. We looked all over and ended up in Dallas, GA. It was a little smaller than the house in PA, but it was all we needed. It was just the 2 of us. We paid $121k and used the equity from my old house as our downpayment of 15%. Time has passed and here we are now in the days of government bail outs and a downward spiraling economy. I am not saying that we are better than anyone, but this downward turn has brought lots more than the economy down. My husband and I work very hard. I worked my way thru college, had a career and left to help my husband grow our own business from the ground up. We provide jobs for 6 other people now. Our neighbors on one side worked for many years at careers and are both now retired. Our other neighbor has been with the same company for years as a Project Biller and will likely retire from there within 10 years. Our neighbor across the street is a nurse. Our neighbors 2 doors down are both teachers. A house across the street sold about a year ago now from foreclosure at a price of under $55k!! Our new neighbor has brought the whole street down. We have had more calls to 911 since he moved in than we've had in the almost 9 years we have been here. He has not yet worked an honest week since he has moved here. He is going to try being a cook at Waffle House where his 17 yr old girlfriend works. He is OVER 50!! This is the 2nd woman in the house. He has had a pitbull and a litter of puppies in the year he's been here. His dog has killed a cat and attacked another dog outside of his fence. It goes on and on!! So, what has this government help done for hard working people like us or our neighbors? In my book, it has put us in the red!! Plain and simple, it pisses me off that I have scum that bought the house across the street for next to nothing because the gov't felt it was necessary to bail out the banks. Would it not have been better to work with the former owners who were both laid off from real jobs but couldn't make it? How did the bank recoup any $$$$ with the sale of this house? And in case you were wondering how he managed to get a mortgage....his MOTHER is also on the title of his house although she lives in another state. LOVELY!

No comments:

Post a Comment