Where it all started....

Well, it started many years ago at a company called RPS. The company name changed and so did mine in 2001. From there, the road led us to the ATL and our own business. I left the road to have babies, but it sure is hard to take the trucker out of a Momma!



Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Deviled Eggs



Who would think I'm crafty and Suzy Homemakerish? Since we have 6 chickens laying now, we always seem to have eggs to give and eggs to spare. With a holiday party on the books, I decided to make deviled eggs. I searched the web for a Christmas Holiday presentation idea and came up empty. So, I asked some facebook friends for a little input. I combined several ideas with my favorite deviled egg recipe and this is the result.

Ingredients:  
Eggs (1 dozen)
4 Slices of Bacon
1 c GOOD cheddar cheese
3/4 Mayo
1 T Honey or Horseradish Mustard
1 t dry mustard
Dash of Tabasco

I started by making the hard boiled eggs first. Put eggs in water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and let them sit in the hot water for 10 min. Remove to an ice bath. Because I use fresh eggs, I peel them right away to help with the tough shell removal.


Cut peeled eggs in 1/2 removing the yolk and setting it aside. Use food coloring to dye eggs green. I used 1 c water, 1TBSP apple cider vinegar and 10 drops of green. This is where the kids helped. They put the eggs in and stirred them. Remove them to a paper towel to dry.


Now, the filling:
Cook to a crisp 4 pieces of bacon and then drain well on a paper towel & cool completely. Mash the yolks. Add 3/4 c mayo, 1 tbsp honey mustard (Or horseradish mustard) , 1 tsp dry mustard, dash of Tabasco, salt and pepper to taste. Grate 1 c good white cheddar cheese and add to the yolk mixture (I always use Cabot, because I have a special attachment to the Cabot co-op cheese)! Cut crisped bacon into very small pieces with kitchen scissors and add to mixture. Make sure it is all blended well and creamy. If it seems a little stiff, all another spoon of mayo. Cut the corner of a baggie off and then add the yolk mixture. Use this like a piping bag to fill the dyed eggs. Add a sprig on rosemary and a slice of cherry tomato and you have some awesome Christmas Deviled Eggs!



No comments:

Post a Comment