Where it all started....

Well, it started many years ago at a company called RPS. The company name changed and so did mine in 2001. From there, the road led us to the ATL and our own business. I left the road to have babies, but it sure is hard to take the trucker out of a Momma!



Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Making A Change

Welcome 2013!

I have decided to not make resolutions, because they are easily broken.  Instead, I am going to make a change.  At 1 am this morning, I deleted my facebook account!  My father-in-law was here for Christmas, and said that he always knows what is going on in our life, because it is on facebook.  My Mom said that she hears about my life through her work friends via facebook.  My brother-in-law and his wife were here for New Years and she keeps tabs on us via facebook.  All that is great, but NONE of it is personal.  Yes, I have enjoyed catching up with and reconnecting with old friends, but do they need to hear about my every move and do I need to know about theirs?  I have decided that neither is actually gaining a thing for me or my family.

Instead of waking up to see what everyone is doing via my phone facebook app, I can call them if I want to see what is going on.  If they want to find out what is happening in our life, they can call or text.  ~OR, I can focus more on my kids and less on what others are doing.  I can give the time I was giving to facebook to my family.  I can focus on crafting, knitting, teaching my kids to cook, CLEANING, and maybe not have to charge my phone 1/2 way through the day!  I feel liberated!  I hope I can stick to my change and do the right things!

No comments:

Post a Comment