Where it all started....

Well, it started many years ago at a company called RPS. The company name changed and so did mine in 2001. From there, the road led us to the ATL and our own business. I left the road to have babies, but it sure is hard to take the trucker out of a Momma!



Friday, August 19, 2011

How Facebook Really is Just Rolling with the Times

A friend on facebook had a status that I commented on. My own comment got me thinking, so I did a Google search of my Grandpa, Dr. Otto D. Sahler. I was surprised by some on the findings Google returned. The most surprising was a newspaper article from The Kingston Daily Freeman from Jan. 2, 1952. It was like an older version of facebook. Here is the reporting from the paper:

"The Rev. Wm. Sahler who has
resided for a number of years at
Penny Farms, Fla . which is the
residence of retired ministers, was
stricken a short time ago. Dr.
Otto Sahler, his son of Cooperstown,
accompanied by Karl Sahler
of Baskin Ridge, N J . and
William Sahler of Freehold. N J .
immediately motored to Florida
to be with their father. After due
consultation. Dr. Otto Sahler decided
to bring his father back by
t r a i n to Newark where he was
hospitalized.
Miss Almsra Sahler. who is
spending some time with Mr and
Mrs. Ferris Turner at Accord, left
to spend a few days with Mr and
Mrs. William Sahler at Freehold.
N. J., and to be with the Rev
William Sahler who is ill in
Newark. "

My husband often makes fun of the time I spend on facebook. This little 3 minute research project proved one thing to me: It is human nature to be a nebshit and want to keep up with what everyone else is up to! My time on facebook is no different than reading the paper 59 years ago!



No comments:

Post a Comment