Where it all started....

Well, it started many years ago at a company called RPS. The company name changed and so did mine in 2001. From there, the road led us to the ATL and our own business. I left the road to have babies, but it sure is hard to take the trucker out of a Momma!



Sunday, May 12, 2013

Chicken Progress

I am not a professional builder!  I am 100% winging it!  I made the mistake of buying stud boards, but made them work.  But....here is one wall of the new chicken coop:


I have progressed from there to this:

Side walls and front wall are up.  The window is framed and the door is ready to be added.  Need to get roof on and the nesting boxes built on the one side.  I am still debating about internal or external nesting boxes.  

In the meantime, the new chicks, who have been named Flopsie, Mopsie, Topsie, Peter, Cottontail, and Bob are growing and being loved on!  Today, they went to the front yard for some grass time and sunshine!  They loved it, as did the kids!

Hopefully by September, this new group of girls will be laying!   I am excited to see what color the Easter Egger will produce.  The other chicks are:  2 Leghorns, 1 White Plymouth Rock, 2 Golden Bluff Red Stars.   

No comments:

Post a Comment