Where it all started....

Well, it started many years ago at a company called RPS. The company name changed and so did mine in 2001. From there, the road led us to the ATL and our own business. I left the road to have babies, but it sure is hard to take the trucker out of a Momma!



Thursday, May 16, 2013

Garden Update

So, I started my Pinterest inspired raised beds in my front yard in March.  We have been making great progress and I cannot wait for fresh veggies!

Here are a couple pictures taken today:

 A couple of the pole beans did not take, so I replanted and they are the little ones playing catch up.  3 of them are already really climbing and it makes me smile!!


The carrots and garlic and progressing, but it is a slow go, as they will be in place until Fall.  Notice the row markers the kids made when we first planted.  Sticks with foam sticker paper cut to show the veggies (here you can see 2 carrots, a green bean, and a garlic).


 Yep, even my zucchini likes wine!!  You can see some of my mulching: newspaper with cut leaves on top as well.


Potatoes are in the Smart Pot on the right.  I think I have one more mounding to add to them before the pot is full.  The Red Tomato Mulch is on and seems to be working.  The tomatoes are drinking rum instead of wine (only the blue tops are showing for buried root watering).  Need to get my tomato cages in soon.  The back wall of peppers and cukes is coming along.

I have to say, I think this garden thing has a calming effect on me.  I have not been doing nearly as much ranting as I used to!

No comments:

Post a Comment